A healthy and beautiful smile helps you resonate with society. Currently, smile enhancement procedures are becoming increasingly popular in this image-conscious world! Everyone desires to have a sparkling, healthy smile. What if we tell you about a simple, non-surgical method of improving your smile and appearance? Porcelain veneers are the solution to all your aesthetic concerns.
Porcelain veneers offered by the biological dentist in San Juan Capistrano and their team provide patients with a beautiful, sparkling, healthy smile.
Porcelain veneers- an overview
Porcelain veneers are revolutionary dental restorations gaining momentum in the field of cosmetic dentistry. These are thin, tooth-colored, personalized shells that are cemented to the front surface of your teeth. They are permanently bonded to your teeth, which helps rejuvenate your smile and overall appearance.
Uses of porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are effective restorations that help camouflage dental imperfections like chipped or cracked teeth. These are aesthetically unappealing but can be sorted out through veneers. Other areas of concern that are addressed by veneers are teeth with diastema (gaps or spaces between the teeth), crooked, crowded, misshapen, and stained teeth.
Potential benefits of porcelain veneers
Dentists often recommend porcelain veneers since they offer a cascade of benefits:
- Easily blend with your natural teeth
- Are Stain-resistant
- Are fracture-resistant
- No additional maintenance required
- Excellent durability
- Increased lifespan
- Imparts a radiant smile
The procedure involved
- Your dentist will record your medical history.
- A complete oral examination will be conducted to assess your dental problem.
- Next, dental X-rays will be taken to ensure your teeth are healthy and strong enough to support the veneers.
- Administration of local anesthesia (a numbing agent) to ease pain and discomfort.
- Tooth preparation involves the removal of a small amount of enamel to ensure a proper fit.
- Recording the full mouth impressions and sending them to a laboratory to customize the veneers.
- Your dentist will clean your teeth and apply a bonding agent on the prepared teeth surfaces.
- The veneers will be fixed using special dental cement.
- The veneers will be trimmed and polished before you are sent home.
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- Floss regularly
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year
- Avoid habits like smoking, nail-biting, or object biting
- Use mouthguards while playing active sports
Porcelain veneers are successful procedures due to cosmetic enhancement of your smile, in addition to addressing a cascade of dental flaws.