There are many reasons why a person might wish to start an exercise program; it could be due to a desire to lose weight and tone up soft muscles that are the result of inactivity, or you have just signed up with a local soccer team and need to get fit. Whatever your reason, here are a few mistakes to avoid when starting a fitness program.
- Failing to make a plan – If you suddenly get the urge to have a toned physique and without much thought, you sign up at the local gym, thinking it will all sort of ‘happen’. Go and see one of the fitness coaches in Frenchs Forest and tell them what you are looking to achieve and they can help make that a reality within a specific period of time.
- Forget about dietary intake – You can’t expect to boost your activity level without adding to your diet, as this would soon lead to health issues; you need to stay hydrated, consuming at least 10 glasses of water per day when working out, if not more.
- Not setting a deadline – An open-ended fitness plan leaves you open to complacency, you will convince yourself that you have all the time in the world and before you know it, your regime has ground to a halt and become a memory. The fitness professional helps you to put together an achievable plan with a realistic timeline and with short term goals thrown in, you are motivated all the way.
- Inadequate time – You need to be working out at least 4 times per week to make any headway; the personal trainer would decide on your rest days, which are every bit as important as the work out days. This program demands 100% commitment and your trainer would quickly see if this was not forthcoming.
- Underlying health condition – In the event you have an underlying health condition, you should consult with your doctor before embarking on a fitness program. This also applies to those who are currently taking medication and once the doctor has given the green light, it is safe to proceed. A sudden elevation of physical activity is fine with a healthy individual, but not if you are currently on prescribed medication.
If you have the desire to turn your life around by regaining your honed body, talk to a local fitness centre who have all the solutions to help you smash your fitness goals.